Monday, February 9, 2009

Training and snow

It's meant to snow again tonight-YAY!!!-so I hope we'll have another day off school so we can play in the snow with Holly. She's a great little dog when you're at home with her all day; calm, affectionate, and a good lstener, but when you're away all day, she gets so excited when you come back that she goes beserk. I see I now have two followers of this blog-feel free to post comments!
But anyway, I was thinking of submitting a picture of Holly into this dog magazine I have a subscription to; I've chosen the best pics to post on this blog, so I'd like you to enter the poll I'm adding to see which one's best.

I thought I'd show you some stuff about Holly's progress in training...

  • SIT: Very good at it, does it automatically sometimes!
  • STAY: Getting pretty good, needs a bit of work though.
  • DOWN: Pretty good, but she can't do it unless she's already in the sit position.
  • HOUSE TRAINING: Slowly getting worse-a bit of retraining neccessary!
  • COMING WHEN CALLED: Good, unless a dog/person happens to be around.
  • FETCH: Very good.

I'll add that poll tommorrow. Anyway, gotta take Holly for a walk, hope it snows tommorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's no wonder that Holly is good at Fetch. Being a Border Collie, I bet she has fetching built into her bones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really...it took her a while to realise that you had to bring the ball back. Then even longer to realise that she then has to give the ball to US.

    ReplyDelete